Outside and More of Dubai

December 2007 Jabal Hafeet, Al Ain, UAE

United Arab Emirates is composed of seven emirates namely Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Kaimah, Sharjah and Umm al-Quwain. Good thing these are all within the same island and are reachable by driving.

I had the opportunity to visit the other emirates - Abu Dhabi, Fujairah and Sharjah. However, I didn't thoroughly explored these as it was all within a day's trip and most of the times I was just visiting friends. 


Abu Dhabi

The capital city of UAE, it is approximately just 1 hour and 30 minutes drive away from Dubai. Buses from and to Dubai operate regularly though it will take longer.

One of the most visited places here is the Grand Mosque, also known as Sheikh Zayed Mosque. This is the largest in the UAE and ranking eighth in the world. I only managed to get a glimpse of it during its construction back in 2007.


The Grand Mosque still under construction in 2007



I haven't seen much skyscrapers at that time, but they do have some interesting-looking structures as well.






Jabal Hafeet, Al Ain

Also sometimes called as Jebel Hafeet (Jabal means Mountain), this magnificent mountain lies on both sides of Al Ain, the second largest city in the emirate of Abu Dhabi, and border of Oman. At 1,249 metres (4,098 ft), it offers a breathtaking view of Al Ain. It is approximately a 2 hour drive from Dubai.


At its foothills lies Green Mubazarrah. It is a beautiful scenery with a lake, hot water springs which then flows into little streams. My shot below looks like it has been snipped off from a post card.  


Green Mubazarrah with Jabal Hafeet at its backdrop



We ascended a few hours before sunset. The viewing platform is so huge you'll have a lot of options to see Al Ain from different angles.


For some people, they may find the view a bit depressing as it is just a wide span of desolate terrain.  I however find it calming, like it gave me this moment of solitariness, away from the hustle and bustle of Dubai.  


Road to Jabel Hafeet with the sun starting to set as we descend



Fujairah

From Dubai to Fujairah
This emirate is the only one among the seven with the coastline solely on the Gulf of Oman and none on the Persian Gulf. It is approximately a 45 minute drive from Dubai. I didn't see much of this emirate. I only visited it once for the Eid Holiday and stayed at Hilton Fujairah. 



Private Beach Area of the hotel


Sharjah

The third largest emirate in the United Arab Emirates, and is the only one to have land on both the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman.

It is approximately a 50-minute-drive from Dubai. Some of the people working in Dubai actually prefer to live here because the housing is way cheaper and larger than in Dubai. They don't mind the long drive, gasoline is cheap anyway.



More of Dubai

For some reasons, not that I am being biased or anything, there is just something about Dubai that makes it stand out among the other emirates that I have seen. It's like when you say "UAE", it is mostly identified with Dubai.

Three years living in Dubai is so hard to squeeze in just one blog entry! So I have continued in here a few more things that can be seen/done in Dubai.


Beach Parks

I must say I am beyond impressed with the white sand beaches Dubai has. Though they are man-made, these beaches look so pristine you can't even tell. Two of my favourites are Al Mamzar and Jumeirah Beach. They are all very clean and well maintained. These beach parks have kiosks, barbecue areas, mini playground for kids so it's very suitable for families' or friends' weekend getaways. 

Al Mamzar Beach Park





Jumeirah Beach Park



Sunset at Jumeirah Beach


X-Games Dubai

This ESPN-sponsored event is held annually where men showcase their skills on extreme sports. I am not a big fan of any, but it was so cool to have seen it live.


X-Games 2007, held at Dubai Festival City

Dubai Dolphinarium

This could be most likely to be similar to any other dolphin shows that you may have seen. Believe it or not, at 24, this was my first time to have watched one. It was fun and worth checking out anyway.






It is located near the Creek Park in Bur Dubai, which is also worth visiting for a stroll after the show. You might think that in Dubai only cacti can survive but thanks to their amazing water system, trees and flowers can grow abundantly in this desert-like weather city.


Dubai Creek Park

Dubai Aquarium and Discovery Centre

Located inside Dubai Mall, it is one of the many aquariums that have opened in Dubai. This is smaller in comparison to the Lost Chambers in Atlantis. 





Wild Wadi

Apart from its fun water slides, artificial surf waves and other activities, this water park offers a great view of the Burj Al Arab and the Jumeirah Beach Hotel too. 


A day in Wild Wadi



Whether to just visit or to live at, Dubai will always be an interesting place to go and I don't mind visiting it again. I have been asked if I would want to live there again. For now, I don't think I would want to. I do miss the life sometimes but I guess there are some things that you think you miss but then once you realise how long it has been since you have called that place your home, you have that apprehension of whether it will still be the same since you left. It is the same place but may feel new because of the changes it has gone through. So maybe in a way, I'd like to preserve the memories I have of Dubai and venture onto my next second home.

View of Dubai from Burj Khalifa

42 comments:

  1. Your blog is unbelievably fantastic. This is very nice and informative blog.UAE national day 2018. I like to sharing this content and thank you for sharing such a useful information...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very much intresting blog that you write , the way of your style is very much intresting and outstanding ...i think you will also share again in such types of ideas very much intresting pics of cake are also very much charming , # Cakes in Dubai also very much intresting points of cakes , here are many people buy many of cakes and confectionery items in cheap rates ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Discover the best way to navigate Dubai’s stunning landscapes. Click here for top-tier SUV rental Dubai options that combine luxury with unparalleled comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's cool to see many entertainemnts in this city

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this city fabulous to live and its very easy for you moving to dubai!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant post! Thank you for sharing about one of the most luxurious place. If you are planning to visit Dubai, then book your tickets via Efficient Tourism for great deals and offers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog is fantastic! The way you present the information makes it so easy to understand and enjoyable to read. The clarity makes it so smooth to read.

    If you love to see the mesmerizing view or sunrise or sunset, then you must go for Hot Air Balloon ride . Here you will witness an amazing sight of sunrise above the stunning Hajjar Mountains. If you are lucky then you may get to see some desert wildlife also. You will also get to enjoy breakfast after you land. Don't miss this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing blog. I actually found this interesting to read. Your writing style is just so wonderful. I loved this. It seems you had a great experience in Dubai. No wonder that each and every place in Dubai is fantastic but Dubai Dolphinarium is just on another level. It is really fun, exciting as well as informative. It is a perfect opportunity for animal lovers to interact and play with dolphins.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Car lease in Ras Al KhaimahLease a car in Ras Al Khaimah with flexible plans and affordable rates. Choose from a wide range of vehicles and enjoy hassle-free leasing with excellent customer service. Get your car lease today

    ReplyDelete
  10. DHT Holidays brings you exclusive Dubai Tour Packages packed with adventure, shopping, and sightseeing. Book Dubai Tour Packages from India and explore iconic attractions like Burj Khalifa and Palm Jumeirah. We ensure a stress-free travel experience with expert planning, great deals, and round-the-clock support.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a valuable read! You’ve covered the topic in such a detailed and thoughtful way. I’ll definitely be bookmarking this.
    Louvre Museum Tickets

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exploring beyond the city center really gives you a deeper appreciation for what Dubai has to offer. I think a lot of people miss out on this side of the city. Some of the better Dubai Tour Packages I've seen are starting to include day trips to the outskirts, which seems like a smart move for those wanting a fuller experience.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great article! I recently discovered Dubai Hot Air Balloon Ride, and it truly looks like one of the most unforgettable ways to see the desert sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome post — loved the descriptions and photos of Dubai’s outdoors & cityscape!

    By the way, in busy, sunny environments like that — for events, crews, or construction — having proper labour rest area tents is more than a luxury. Provides shade, comfort, and a place to rest safely. For anyone looking for quality ones, take a look here: labour rest area tents.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great article! The way you’ve captured the travel experience is wonderful. It gives a clear picture of what to expect and how to plan better. Really loved the information and writing style. Keep up the good work!

    Dubai Tour Package From Delhi
    Bali Tour Package 5 Days 4 Nights
    7 days thailand tour package price

    ReplyDelete

  16. Since 1981, Laxmi Jewellers has been a name passed down through generations—a name built on trust, tradition, and timeless beauty.
    Welcome to Laxmi Jewellers More Than Jewellery. It’s Our Legacy


     
    Lab Diamond

    Laxmi Jewellers – Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really enjoyed reading this blog, the beautiful views and experiences shared about Dubai were wonderful to read. It also reminded me of the amazing Dubai Shared Yacht Tour by VisitDhowCruiseDubai.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This travel account beautifully captures the diversity of the UAE, from the majestic views of Jabal Hafeet and the serene landscapes of Fujairah to the vibrant attractions and beaches of Dubai. It highlights how the region combines natural beauty, modern architecture, and world-class tourism experiences. With so many visitors exploring the UAE's roads and scenic destinations by car, maintaining a vehicle's appearance becomes especially important. Professional paint protection solutions can help safeguard vehicles from harsh sunlight, road debris, and desert sand, ensuring they remain in excellent condition while discovering everything the Emirates have to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goat milk is a natural and highly nutritious dairy product rich in calcium, protein, and essential vitamins. It is easier to digest than cow’s milk and supports strong bones, immunity, and overall health. Fresh and pure, goat milk is ideal for daily use and a healthy balanced lifestyle for all ages.

    goat milk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Peace be upon you and your family..
    Do you need quick private finance,secured and guaranteed..
    Apply : aadharcapital55@gmail.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  21. Peace be upon you and your family..
    Do you need quick private finance,secured and guaranteed..
    Apply : aadharcapital55@gmail.com
    Thanks




    Peace be upon you and your family..
    Do you need quick private finance,secured and guaranteed..
    Apply : aadharcapital55@gmail.com
    Thanks


    Peace be upon you and your family..
    Do you need quick private finance,secured and guaranteed..
    Apply : aadharcapital55@gmail.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  22. Peace be upon you and your family..
    Do you need quick private Loans , finance,secured and guaranteed..
    Apply : aadharcapital55@gmail.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  23. Getting out of the main city and hitting the open roads in the UAE is such a great vibe. Whether you are driving up to the mountains or setting up a quiet desert camp for the weekend, it is nice to take a break from the tall buildings and busy malls. When I get back from these road trips, I usually just want to chill on the couch. I found some awesome movies to watch on Xuper TV the other day, and it is the perfect way to unwind after a long day of exploring outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everyone talks about the big tourist spots, but the local food markets and smaller towns on the outskirts are where the real fun is. It takes a bit of driving to get out there, but it is totally worth it. While I was looking up routes on my phone, half the travel websites kept crashing or taking forever to load. That is exactly why I love using Descargar Xuper TV for my entertainment, because it is super light, never lags, and gets me straight to my favorite shows without any hassle.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love reading blogs about hidden spots in the Emirates, like those quiet beaches or hiking trails that tourists do not really know about. But honestly, it is so annoying when these travel websites are packed with pop-up ads that drain your phone battery in minutes. A good website should just be fast and simple. Whenever I want to catch up on some good movies or live channels, I go straight to Xuper TV Latest Version because it is clean, loads super fast, and just works.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Taking a day trip to see the wildlife reserves or the old heritage villages really gives you a totally different feel of the country. You can spend the whole afternoon walking around and enjoying the fresh air away from the crazy city traffic. After a long day on my feet, my favorite thing to do is just relax at home. I am going to finish looking up some new spots for next weekend and then hop on Super TV to stream a good comedy movie before I go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really enjoyed reading this post and seeing your perspective on Dubai. The photos and descriptions make the city look even more impressive, especially the blend of modern architecture and cultural attractions. It's always refreshing to read travel experiences that include genuine observations instead of just listing tourist spots. In my spare time, I also like exploring streaming resources such as Xuper Tv apk Descargar. Thanks for sharing your journey and inspiring others to visit this amazing destination.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This was a wonderful travel story with beautiful details that made the experience feel authentic and enjoyable to read. I especially liked how you highlighted both the famous landmarks and the atmosphere of the city. Personal travel experiences like this are always more engaging than standard guides. When I'm relaxing after reading travel blogs, I often explore entertainment resources like Youcine Assistir. Thanks for sharing your memorable adventure and valuable insights.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really enjoyed reading about your time in Dubai. The way you described the places outside the main attractions made the experience feel much more authentic. It reminds readers that every destination has hidden gems worth exploring. I also enjoy discovering useful websites in different categories, and recently found supertv apk while looking for streaming resources. Thanks for sharing your journey—it was inspiring and gave me a few ideas for a future visit.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This was such an enjoyable travel story. I like posts that focus on personal experiences because they give readers a better sense of what a destination is really like. The photos and descriptions make Dubai look even more interesting beyond the famous landmarks. While browsing online, I also came across Xuper TV APK for entertainment-related content. Thanks for taking the time to document your trip and share these memorable moments.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your article captures the atmosphere of Dubai beautifully. I appreciate that you included details that many travel guides often overlook, making the post feel genuine and informative. Reading experiences like this always encourages me to explore new places. I recently discovered Netfly Tv while searching for streaming information to enjoy during my travels. Thanks again for sharing such a thoughtful and engaging travel experience with your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I enjoyed this post because it highlights another side of Dubai that many visitors don't always notice. The combination of personal observations and beautiful locations makes the article easy to follow and enjoyable to read. I also like exploring helpful online resources and recently visited Bit Tv for streaming-related information. Thanks for writing such a detailed travel story and giving readers a different perspective on the city.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great travel post! I like how you focused on the overall experience instead of only the most popular tourist attractions. That makes the article feel more relatable and useful for anyone planning a visit. During my free time I also came across unitv while exploring entertainment resources online. Thanks for sharing your journey and the beautiful insights about Dubai—it was a pleasure to read from beginning to end.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for sharing this wonderful travel experience. Your writing makes it easy to imagine walking through the places you visited, and I appreciate the honest impressions throughout the post. Articles like this inspire readers to look beyond the usual tourist spots. I also recently found Xuper TV Gratis while browsing streaming and Smart TV resources online. Looking forward to reading more of your travel adventures in future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very informative article. Choosing the right medical equipment is essential for improving efficiency, accuracy, and patient care. It’s great to see resources like Medeon helping healthcare providers in the UAE understand the importance of modern and reliable medical equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I enjoyed reading this article because choosing the best app for forex trading requires more than simply looking at popularity. Traders should consider usability, available analytical tools, execution features, account management, and educational resources before making a decision. I also think beginners should spend time learning how currency markets operate instead of relying entirely on an application. Helpful articles that explain these factors can make it easier for readers to compare their options and develop more informed trading habits.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Looking for fresh milk delivery UAE? Enjoy fresh, high-quality milk delivered directly to your doorstep. Perfect for breakfast, tea, coffee, cooking, and everyday family needs, ordering milk online is quick and convenient. Choose your preferred quantity, place your order, and enjoy reliable delivery of fresh milk throughout the UAE.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Looking to Buy Fresh Milk Online Dubai? Order fresh, high-quality milk from trusted dairy suppliers and enjoy convenient doorstep delivery. Choose your preferred quantity for home or business use and place your order online with ease. Get fresh milk delivered across Dubai, perfect for breakfast, tea, coffee, cooking, and everyday needs.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great ideas for days out in Manchester with kids! Manchester has so many family-friendly attractions and outdoor places where children can have fun while learning and exploring. From parks and museums to exciting activities, there is something for every age group. Planning a family day out in advance can make the experience even more enjoyable, especially during weekends and school holidays. Thanks for sharing these useful recommendations!

    ReplyDelete