Travelling in Style to Down Under!

February 2015 -  Sydney Harbour

If there's one thing I have learned before packing for a trip is that not to entirely rely on the weather forecast! It just changes so abruptly you can only be as prepared as you can once you anticipate the worst possible weather you will get. Lesson learnt from my recent trip to Australia.

Excitingly knowing it is summer season, I packed all my cutest dresses, tank tops, shorts and flip flops for this trip only to find out I won't be able to wear most of them.

One of the pieces of clothing that I find worth bringing when you travel is a light jacket or cardigan (with a neutral or safe colour) that will complement with almost anything that you wear. Good thing I have brought my Zara denim jacket which pretty much go with the dresses I have. I didn't bother bringing so many shoes and accessories so I brought along with me those with safer colour (like white sandals and flats), which can easily be mix and matched with different outfits, and my ever reliable Esprit sling bag. I prefer bringing a sling bag with me during travels as it is smaller and safer in a way against pickpockets.


Unfortunately, there had been a cyclone when we got to Gold Coast so I wasn't able to wear the summer dresses I had. I was still fairly cold with this outfit but it is much warmer to wear than dresses I suppose.


Soaked at Surfers Paradise!
The rain coat was definitely not part of my OOTT!
(Would have chosen a nicer colour though)


[Taken at Skypoint Observation Deck, Gold Coast]
Black Singlet: Forever21; Denim Jacket: Zara
Leopard Print Pants:Cotton On; Black Sandals: Cotton On
Brown Sling Bag: Esprit; Red Watch: Forever21; Black Leaf long necklace: Lovisa



While our first day in Sydney got a bit rainy on the later part of the day, I still managed to wear a singlet and shorts and just had my hoodie.


                Pink Hoodie: A&F; Gray Singlet with Owl design: MangoDenim Shorts: Forever21
                                  Gray Sneakers:   Converse; Brown Sling Bag: Esprit



[Taken at Lincoln Rock] 
The hoodie came in handy when the temperature dropped on the Blue Mountains.

On our last day in Sydney, the weather was so much better - all sunny and warm. Just the perfect day to wear my midi dress and stroll around the Sydney Harbour.

A lot of people thought I was wearing a belt with this dress. Haha! These are actually two separate pieces. (And yes, that was my tummy poking out! :p)

[Overlooking the Sydney Harbour]
Midi Dress: Zalora; White Sandals: Cotton On; Sunnies: DKNY; Brown Sling bag: Esprit


Sydney Opera House

It was the perfect weather to go to Manly Beach as well.


Melbourne is known to be the fashion capital of Australia and I think I can see why. They have massive stores (apparently a whole building!) dedicated to some of the branded shops that I am quite fond of. I have been told that these shops and brands have just opened not so long ago. They also have a lot of local designer shops which add more variety to the places to go to for shopping.



H&M




Zara



It was a bit cooler compared to Sydney. I only had dresses with me for this last leg of the trip so I had no choice but to pull it off and just wear my one and only denim jacket, which gladly complemented with the dresses I've had left unworn.

[Taken at Federation Square]
Blue and White Striped Dress: H&M; White flats: Cotton On; Watch: Ice; Brown Sling Bag: Esprit; Sunnies: DKNY




[Taken at Flinders Street Station]


Similarly-looking patterned dress, this one below that I have worn on my second day at Melbourne is actually a top and a skirt but I had to wear the skirt a bit higher as it was quite cold so it kinda looked like a one piece dress.


[Taken at the Great Ocean Road]
Striped midi dress: flea market; White sandals: Cotton On; Brown Sling bag: Esprit;
Denim Jacket: Zara; Sunnies: DKNY

Taking a stroll at one of the many stops of beaches along the Great Ocean Road

Bells Beach

The next day promised to be a bit warmer so I was able dress more casually, perfect for just a stroll in the city and to hunt some kangaroos! I matched this outfit with my white flats from Cotton On.

Posing with a Kangaroo!
Denim Long Sleeve Top: flea market; White Shorts: H&M
Sunnies: Rayban; Brown Sling bag: Esprit; Blue Watch: Zalora; Beaded bracelet: Cotton On


Striking a pose with some of the street statue performers

This has been my #OOTT (Outfit of That Trip) Australian version! Although I failed to wear my other summer dresses, I'll be sure to wear and post them onto my next Summer destination! :) 

0 comments: